2017 BMW X5
New Car Leasing Brooklyn , Bronx, Staten island, Queens, NYC SUV AWD
New BMW Leasing & Financing Specials Call Us Today!
About This BMW
|Engine||3.0L DOHC I-6 24V TWINPOWER TURBO|
|Transmission||8 Spd Automatic|
|Drivetrain||All Wheel Drive|
|Warranty||Full Factory Warranty|
With plenty of power, loads of cargo room, and a comfy interior, the 2017 BMW X5 should satisfy just about anyone looking for a luxury SUV or a weekend getaway vehicle. Just watch the price tag; the X5 isn't exactly cheap.
Is the BMW X5 a Good SUV?
Yes, the 2017 BMW X5 is a good vehicle. It blends the fun-to-drive nature of BMW's sport sedans into the body of a more capable midsize SUV. Get behind the wheel of any X5 - there are five models - and you'll find ample engine power, as well as agile handling. You'll also be greeted by a comfortable, upscale interior with seating for five and a generous amount of cargo space. An optional third row of seats is available, bringing the X5's total seating capacity to seven, but these third-row seats are cramped, even for children.
Unlike some of its competitors, the X5 doesn't come packed with tons of standard features. However, the ones you do get are great, including a large 10.2-inch iDrive infotainment screen, navigation, and parking sensors. The X5's high spot in our rankings is further secured by good crash test safety scores and an above-average rating for predicted reliability. All in all, the X5 is one of the top picks in the luxury midsize SUV class.
How Many People Does the X5 Seat?
The 2017 BMW X5 seats five, and its optional third row can bump seating capacity to seven. You'll find ample headroom in the X5's first and second rows, as well as seats that provide good comfort and support. Legroom in the second row is a bit tighter than in some competitors, but not uncomfortably so. It's a different story in the optional third row. Those two extra seats are small, even for kids, so they're best used only in a pinch. (They do provide plenty of room for your dog, though.) For a really usable third row, check out the Volvo XC90, which has a third row that's big enough for average-sized adults to sit comfortably.
X5 and Car Seats
The BMW X5 features full LATCH systems at each of its outboard second-row seats. This includes a pair of lower anchors as well as an upper tether anchor, which is located on the back of the seat. The middle seat has an upper tether anchor only, and there are no LATCH connectors in the optional third row.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the X5 a Marginal rating for its LATCH equipment's ease of use, noting that some of the lower anchors can be difficult to access.
X5 Interior Quality
If your idea of luxury is restrained, contemporary elegance, the 2017 BMW X5 should be on your shopping list. Its handsome cabin is well-built and filled with loads of blue-chip materials like fine leathers and real wood trim. It's not perfect, however, as more exterior noises get into the cabin than most SUVs at this price point. Still, it's not overwhelmingly bothersome.
X5 Cargo Space
The 2017 BMW X5 offers an impressive amount of cargo space, with 35.8 cubic feet of room behind its second row of seats and a vast 76.7 cubic feet with those rear seats folded. That's enough space to swallow larger items like a sofa, dresser, or even a few bicycles. Loading and unloading is made easy thanks to the X5's wide cargo area and power liftgate, which comes standard in all models. The liftgate is unusual for the class because the top half opens up as most liftgates do, but the bottom half drops down like a pickup truck tailgate.
X5 Infotainment, Bluetooth, and Navigation
All X5 models come equipped with BMW's iDrive infotainment system, which features a 10.2-inch display and a touchpad controller. Navigation is standard too, which is unusual for the class. Though you'll need some time to familiarize yourself with all of iDrive's many options and menus, once you do, it's straightforward to use. The touchpad controller is a nice feature that allows you to use your fingertip to write out letters and numbers - helpful when inputting a destination into the navigation system.
A Wi-Fi hot spot and wireless device charging are newly available for the 2017 model year. The Wi-Fi hot spot will keep everyone's phones and tablets connected to the internet while you're on the go, and the wireless charging will keep your devices from running out of juice.
You'll have to spend an extra $300 to get Apple CarPlay smartphone integration, but it may be worth it. CarPlay blends your iPhone's apps and functions with iDrive, which makes accessing your favorite features easy. A number of rivals also support CarPlay, including the Audi Q7, Volvo XC90, Cadillac XT5, and Mercedes-Benz GLE. Notably, the popular Lexus RX does not.
X5 Engine: Plenty of Punch
The X5 is offered with five different turbocharged engine options. However, most drivers will be satisfied with the standard 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine found in the sDrive35i and xDrive35i models. Its 300 horsepower supplies plenty of zip for daily driving, so you'll have no trouble getting up to speed on the highway.
The xDrive50i's 4.4-liter V8 will scratch those with an itch for power. Even when driving up steep hills, the 445-horsepower engine feels incredibly potent. If you need the ultimate in performance, the X5 M delivers 567 horsepower and blistering acceleration. Zero to 60 mph is achieved in just four seconds.
Those with a penchant for maximizing fuel economy will want to check out the xDrive35d, which features a 255-horsepower six-cylinder diesel engine. Another efficient option is the xDrive40e hybrid, which pairs its four-cylinder engine with an electric motor, generating a combined 308 horsepower.
X5 Gas Mileage: Good, Not Great
The xDrive40e plug-in hybrid is the greenest of the 2017 X5 lineup. It can drive for up to 14 miles on electric power only. When in hybrid mode, it shares its duties with the X5's gas engine, and the pair can achieve 24 mpg (in combined city/highway driving). The diesel-powered xDrive35d returns an also-impressive 23 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
Most shoppers will spring for the base sDrive35i and xDrive35i models, which achieve average fuel efficiency for the class. You can get up to 18/25 mpg with the sDrive35i. The xDrive35i's all-wheel drive sacrifices only 1 mpg in highway driving. The X5's V8 engines are downright thirsty, though. The xDrive50i returns just 15/21 mpg city/highway, while the X5 M model pulls that rating down to just 14/19 mpg.
By comparison, the Lexus RX and RX Hybrid are two of the most efficient models in the class, capable of returning 20/27 and 31/28 mpg, respectively. The Volvo XC90 is also a fuel economy winner in both hybrid (25 mpg, combined) and nonhybrid (22/26 mpg) configurations.
X5 Ride and Handling: Agile, but Firm
Most luxury midsize SUV shoppers expect comfort for daily driving and athleticism for some fun around turns. The X5 should satisfy most drivers with its impressively lithe handling and fairly comfortable ride. That said, the X5's ride is a bit firmer overall than some competing models. You can fix that by getting the X5's optional Dynamic Damper Control suspension, which constantly adjusts itself to maximize comfort and agility.
The Audi Q7 does a better job at balancing sportiness and on-road comfort. If you're just after the most cushioned ride you can get, however, you should consider the Lexus RX, which provides a supple, cloudlike ride.
Is the BMW X5 Reliable?
Yes. The BMW X5 earns above-average predicted reliability scores for 2017 with a four out of five rating from J.D. Power and Associates. Previous model years have also received above-average scores.
This puts the X5 on par with rivals like the Mercedes-Benz GLE but slightly behind higher-scoring competitors like the Lexus RX and Porsche Cayenne. The Acura MDX receives an average score of three out of five, while the Audi Q7 and Volvo XC90 fall short with just 2.5 out of five.
BMW X5 Warranty
The 2017 BMW X5 is covered by a four-year/50,000-mile new car limited warranty. Additionally, the xDrive40e hybrid's lithium-ion battery pack is covered by an eight-year/80,000-mile battery warranty.
This limited warranty length is typical among luxury automakers, and it's matched by the Audi Q7 and Mercedes GLE. The Acura MDX, Lexus RX, and Cadillac XT5 all offer a longer six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty.
X5 Crash Test Results
The 2017 BMW X5 earns good safety scores, though they are a bit lower than a number of competitors' scores. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the X5 a Good rating for its performance in side and moderate overlap front crash testing, as well as a Superior rating for its crash avoidance and mitigation equipment. It does not, however, earn a Top Safety Pick rating. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gives the X5 a five-star overall rating, with five out of five stars in frontal and side crash tests and four out of five stars in the rollover test.
X5 Safety Features
BMW offers an excellent array of safety features for the X5. However, most are options. The only standard active safety features are front and rear parking sensors. A rearview camera is a $400 option. Many competitors include this as standard equipment. Additional options include blind spot monitoring, a 360-degree camera, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, a night vision camera, automatic parallel parking, and adaptive pivoting headlights. Here's how some of those features work.
Lane departure warning alerts you if your vehicle begins to drift out of its lane. Forward collision warning alerts the driver if the possibility of a crash looks high. If the brakes aren't applied, the X5's automatic emergency braking system can apply them to stop the vehicle. Adaptive cruise control can match your speed and following distance to the vehicle ahead and apply the brakes if need be. BMW's Parking Assistant can measure the size of available parking spaces and automatically parallel park the X5 in an appropriately sized space.
Contact us today at 718-676-1168 for more information, or fill out our Online Credit Application to begin the pre-approval process today.
Warranty InformationThis Vehicle is Covered by the Full Factory Warranty. Contact us for more information on the factory warranty.
Contact Us at 718-676-1168
EAG Auto Leasing151 Kings Highway , Brooklyn, NY 11223
Call Us About This Vehicle: 718-676-1168
- with Interior
- All Wheel Drive
Features & Specifications*
- Engine: 3.0L DOHC I-6 24V TwinPower Turbo
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic w/STEPTRONIC
- 3.154 Axle Ratio
- Standard Suspension
- GVWR: 6,063 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Full-time all-wheel drive
- 105-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- 210 Amp Alternator
- 1110# Maximum Payload
- Gas-pressurized shock absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 22.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double wishbone front suspension w/coil springs
- Multi-link rear suspension w/coil springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Vehicle Name : BMW X5
- Drivetrain : All Wheel Drive
- EPA Classification : Standard Sport Utility Vehicles 4WD
- Base Curb Weight (lbs) : 4790
- Dead Weight Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. (lbs) : 5952
- Dead Weight Hitch - Max Tongue Wt. (lbs) : 595
- Wt Distributing Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. (lbs) : 5952
- Wt Distributing Hitch - Max Tongue Wt. (lbs) : 595
- Maximum Trailering Capacity (lbs) : 5952
- Engine Type : Intercooled Turbo Premium Unleaded I-6
- Displacement : 3.0 L/183
- Fuel System : Gasoline Direct Injection
- SAE Net Horsepower @ RPM : 300 @ 5800
- SAE Net Torque @ RPM : 300 @ 1300
- Trans Order Code : 205
- Trans Type : 8
- Trans Description Cont. : Automatic w/OD
- First Gear Ratio (:1) : 4.71
- Second Gear Ratio (:1) : 3.14
- Third Gear Ratio (:1) : 2.11
- Fourth Gear Ratio (:1) : 1.67
- Fifth Gear Ratio (:1) : 1.28
- Sixth Gear Ratio (:1) : 1.00
- Reverse Ratio (:1) : 3.29
- Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1) : 3.15
- Maximum Alternator Capacity (amps) : 210
- Suspension Type - Front : Double Wishbone
- Suspension Type - Rear : Multi-Link
- Suspension Type - Front (Cont.) : Double Wishbone
- Suspension Type - Rear (Cont.) : Multi-Link
- Steering Type : Rack-Pinion
- Turning Diameter - Curb to Curb (ft) : 41.7
- Brake ABS System : 4-Wheel
- Disc - Front (Yes or ) : Yes
- Disc - Rear (Yes or ) : Yes
- Front Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness (in) : 13.7
- Rear Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness (in) : 12.6
- Seventh Gear Ratio (:1) : 0.84
- Eighth Gear Ratio (:1) : 0.67
- Wheels: 19" x 9" Lt Alloy Orbit Gray (Style 449)
- Tires: P255/50R19 Run-Flat AS
- Clearcoat paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Aluminum Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Aluminum Bumper Insert
- Rocker Panel Extensions And Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim And Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-colored door handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep tinted glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Power Liftgate/Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Directionally Adaptive Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front fog lamps
- Cornering lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED brakelights
- Front Tire Size : P255/50WR19
- Rear Tire Size : P255/50WR19
- Front Wheel Size (in) : 19 x 9
- Rear Wheel Size (in) : 19 x 9
- Front Wheel Material : Aluminum
- Rear Wheel Material : Aluminum
- Wheelbase (in) : 115.5
- Length, Overall (in) : 192.4
- Width, Max w/o mirrors (in) : 76.3
- Height, Overall (in) : 69.4
- Track Width, Front (in) : 64.7
- Track Width, Rear (in) : 65
- Cargo Volume to Seat 1 (ft³) : 66
- Cargo Volume to Seat 2 (ft³) : 22.9
- Cargo Volume to Seat 3 (ft³) : 22.9
- Radio: Anti-Theft AM/FM Stereo w/CD/MP3
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, Weatherband and 20 Gb Internal Memory
- Window grid diversity antenna
- Hi-fi sound system
- Satellite radio preparation
- Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power-adjustable front seats w/4-way lumbar support and memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
- Power Front Seats
- Heated front seats
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer And Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows And Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- BMW Online Full Service Internet Access
- Sport Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front cupholder
- Rear cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation And Console Ducts
- Illuminated locking glove box
- Driver foot rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Chrome And Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full cloth headliner
- Leatherette door trim insert
- Leather/Chrome Gear Shift Knob
- Poplar wood trim
- SensaTec Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-to-off interior lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Tracker System
- Smart Device Integration
- Navigation system
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip computer
- Outside temp gauge
- Analog Display
- Power Anti-Whiplash w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest And Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Lumbar Support
- Perimeter alarm
- Engine immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air filtration
- Passenger Capacity : 5
- Front Head Room (in) : 40.5
- Front Leg Room (in) : 40.4
- Front Shoulder Room (in) : 61.5
- Second Head Room (in) : 38.8
- Second Leg Room (in) : 36.6
- Second Shoulder Room (in) : 60
- Dsc-X Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- BMW Assist eCall Emergency S.O.S
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Body Style : Sports Activity Vehicle
- Fuel Economy Est-Combined (MPG) : 20
- EPA Fuel Economy Est - City (MPG) : 18
- EPA Fuel Economy Est - Hwy (MPG) : 24
- Tons/yr of CO2 Emissions @ 15K mi/year : 8.8
- Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx (gal) : 22.4